Deadline: February 28, 2023
Apply now to become a member of the Swiss Young Academy. The Swiss Young Academy networks young researchers from a wide range of scientific disciplines and creates an inspiring environment for inter- and transdisciplinary exchange and innovative ideas.
Its members are the representatives of Swiss science and are regarded as the young voice of the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences. As a rule, the Swiss Young Academy has 25 – 30 members from different scientific disciplines and universities. Prerequisites for the five-year membership are outstanding achievements at university level, motivation and willingness to show a high level of commitment and a keen interest in interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary cooperation and a connection to research, education and innovation in Switzerland.
- As a member of the Swiss Young Academy, you become part of the largest scientific network in Switzerland;
- You play an important role in representing other up-and-coming scientists;
- Through your work on joint projects, the members of the Young Academy present recommendations for science- and social-policy challenges;
- You also benefit from a mentoring programme for five years as well as personal support measures that will strengthen your skills;
- You have access to the infrastructure of the House of the Academies, the headquarter of the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences in Bern, for meetings and events.
- Applicant must have an interest in inter- and transdisciplinary cooperation and the implementation of joint and personal projects.
- Outstanding achievements at university level.
- Willingness to take part in the general assemblies held each year (one to three times a year).
- Be aged no more than 40 years when taking office.
- Academic connection to research, innovation and education in Switzerland.
- A specialist medical training (for doctors) or a doctorate (for all other scientists) or the highest possible degree that was completed no more than seven years ago.
- Good knowledge of English (correspondence language is English).
The election of the members of the Young Academy is held alternately by the Board of directors of the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences and by an election commission of the Young Academy, which is appointed by the active members. The election takes place via an application procedure. Interviews are also possible in the process.
To apply, you must:
- Fill in the form
- Upload CV in the form
- Upload letter of motivation in the form (Download template)
- Upload letter of support (max. 1 page A4) in the form
- Upload photo (300 dpi) in the form
If possible, combine the documents (except photo) and upload them as one PDF file. The application deadline is February 28, 2023. The admission ceremony for the new members will take place on June 16 in Bern.
For more information, visit Swiss Young Academy.