Deadline: April 28, 2023
Applications are open for the XIII Photography Contest ‘Objetivo África’ 2023. The contest will reward the photographs that best publicise the positive aspects of the African continent in the field of Public spaces in Africa, this year’s theme.
Public spaces in Africa, community life and shared environments have the weight of the idiosyncrasies of African communities. They are central and vital spaces for citizenship. They are meeting places for the whole community, places for cultural transmission, for celebration, for debate, for making decisions that affect the community, places also for trade, for the informal economy, fundamental for economic development.
Public spaces have become important for cities and towns all over the world, but they have always been important in Africa. They are unique spaces where opinions, ideas and identity are shared, freely debated and celebrated. Now, public spaces can help urban centres achieve the targets set by the Sustainable Development Goals, such as Goal 11: “Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”.
In the face of the new mega-cities, these spaces run the risk of disappearing, of not being integrated into the new city models, and that is why the contest considers it necessary and interesting to focus on these spaces of interaction, diversity and integration of communities on the African continent.
The awards for this edition of Objetivo África are:
- First award: €1,000
- Second award: €500
- Third award: €300
- Each applicant may participate with a maximum of five (5) photographs.
- The photographs must be sent in JPEG format, with a minimum resolution of 200 dpi and weighing between 1 and 5 MB.
The jury, composed of leading professionals in the arts field, will assess the creativity, the innovation of the technique used and the way the message is conveyed. The description and the title of the photograph will also be assessed under these criteria.
- Download, fill in, sign and scan your application form. Save the generated PDF because you will need it to attach it on the platform.
- Have your photographs and the description of each one of them ready, as well as the place and date where they were taken.
- Have a copy of your ID card or passport ready.
- With all these documents ready, enter Mundo Arti (you will have to register if you have not done so before). If you have any problems when participating, send an email to [email protected]
- All that remains is to wait the jury’s verdict.
The deadline for submitting applications and photographs is April 28, 2023 at 14.00 hours (GMT +0).
For more information, visit XIII Photography Contest.